Pageviews past week

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Reunion

I sat quietly as laughter erupted around me while we all sat in the backyard of Jago and Mona’s suburban home.  Their place was usually quiet because they were rarely home, spending most of their time being entertained, rather than entertaining guest or friends.  On this occasion, Adam and Neecie had moved to our city to be with all of us and we were elated to have our family so close to being completed in Missouri.

“Then when I crossed my legs again, I thought the poor little man would have a stroke.” Eve was telling the others about our encounter while on vacation.  She made a joke about how all of the blood left Raymond Johns brain and went little Raymond’s head, causing the smaller brain to keep pulling his eyes to her exposed thighs.  Jago of course found this to be the most hilarious thing he ever heard while the others were laughing more at Jago than at Eve’s words.  You really have to meet Jago to understand him . . . he finds the light in everything . . . especially after a 6 pack of Busch.

“I missed all of you so much.” Neecie said as she gave Dani another huge and tight hug.  Neecie was the tallest and strongest of all the women in our group. She stood five foot ten and looked  like a cross between an amazon warrior and a supermodel.  After many, many years of fitness and nutrition, you never would have guessed she was dying of tuberculosis before I gave her the “medicine”.   I remember her tears and how she asked me to watch over her mother and father when she was gone.  She took care of so many people in her village - I could not let her die so young.  I believe she was twenty years old at the time of her change from “them” to “us” (as Tommy so fondly repeated decade after decade).  Adam on the other hand was a bit smaller than Neecie and she had a tendency to stand out more than him in the crowd.  She would pull her thick black hair back and bind it before she worked out, while Adam would let his long dishwater blond hair blow in the breeze when they both would take to running for their morning workout.  She had steel cold blue eyes while he had eyes darker than pitch – you could hardly see any color in them.

“I see you have made yourself known to the public.”  Adam stated. “How will that affect us?  One man already came forward.  Will more follow?”

Everyone got quiet as I cleared my throat to speak.  I took my time in order to create a slight tension in the group, allowing me time to tease them a little – that’s how I had my fun – teasing the children so to speak.

“House of Ancient Coins and Curios is not a problem and will not cause any of you issues that you will need to cover up.  I have something to share with you that Tommy discovered about four years ago in Texas.  Up to two million of the ancient Roman coins struck between 100 AD and 400 AD contain traces of the meteor I used to make the medicine we took way back when.  When the coins come in contact with us, the laws of physics change.  The biological content of our bodies create magnetic fields or different chemical reactions causing us to become super charged.  Eve and I have tested this for a couple of years and have found it to be safe for us.  Eve, show them.”

Eve pulled a Valentinian bronze coin from her pocket.  She held it up for all to see and then took a deep breath and blew on the coin.  Almost instantly her breath turned into fire and then into a small inferno that she pointed upward toward the sky.  The fire was coming from inside of her.  She stopped and the fire dissipated as smoke came from her mouth.  The coin was unscathed, like its website picture at www.ancientscoin.com .

Jago turned to me and for the first time in ages said to me in a serious voice, “Joseph, you should not be selling these on your website.”

Everyone stood quiet as Jago’s neighbor broke the silence, “Entertaining circus folk today?” the old man asked in a curious but irritated voice.

(TO BE CONTINUED . . . .)

1 comment:

  1. Shall I continue the story? I hope my friends don't mind if I exaggerate a bit.

    - Joseph -

    ReplyDelete