Pageviews past week

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Reunion (Part Three)


We all gathered at my house after the excitement at Jago’s and Mona’s place.  Eve got everyone situated and ordered 6 large St. Louis style thin crust pizzas. I found myself wanting to be alone for a while, but couldn’t break away from the group.  These people are like family, but sometimes I get tired of being “dad” to everyone.  We have all been around long enough to know what to do in a crisis or if something life changing comes along – especially in our situation. I have often wished that they wouldn't rely on me when situations called for hiding or advice for making friends outside the group.  Our age does present some difficult challenges at times.  Am I sorry for making them like me --- never, I love them all.

“Joseph, what do you want us to do with this new gift you have found for us,” asked Neecie.

I got up from my chair and moved toward the window to peak out onto the street to setup my next sentence.  “No one is following us,” I said, “so we are safe to do whatever we like --- as long as it doesn’t expose us or jeopardize our freedom. What do all of you want to do with this new gift?”

Jago broke in, “I say we do nothing!  If we want to continue on, we do nothing.  They can’t kill us so they will detain us many years. I don’t like cages!”

Chester spoke, “I am with Jago on this.  From what you have said, we can breathe fire, levitate, make people do our bidding, turn invisible and what else --- knock down entire buildings?  Where will it stop, would it increase and could we endanger everyone around us?”

“Maybe the guys have a point,” Eve said as Dani nodded in agreement. “I think it should be laid to rest and if we need to, in a rare instance, we could use the coins from House of Ancient Coins and Curios to fix dire circumstances.  And only if there is no other way.”

Mona joined in, “We should wait for Tommy and Lori to get here next week.  Tommy has been the one who has been experimenting with the coins.  He could explain what the exact consequences are for using them.  Are there side-effects? Can these make us sick?”

Adam agreed, “We should wait…but not use these until we know what will happen.”

I looked at them as they waited for my response. “Okay, until Tommy and Lori get here.  But I will continue with business at www.ancientscoin.com as usual.”

(TO BE CONTINUED . . . .)


No comments:

Post a Comment