Pageviews past week

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Reunion (Part Two)

“Isn’t this a little too fantastic?” asked Chester.

“Yes”, Dani agreed, “we don’t want to be noticed and breathing fire really doesn’t help.”

The group chattered for a moment and Joseph broke in, “I know it’s weird, but it’s here if we need it.  The coins will affect you with abilities you only see in movies and television.  It’s sort of a trigger that erupts on contact and some coins produce the same ability as another, and there are at least 10 different reactions we’ve produced.”

Mona waved her hand in the air, “I don’t want any part of this.”  Joseph, you’re not going to make us super heroes, it’s bad enough we are already freaks of nature.”

“Look, everyone … I was just showing you something new.  You don’t have to be a part of anything you don’t agree with.  It’s just something that’s there if you want it or need it.”  Joseph took a deep breath and sighed. “Sure this could change things for us, but we don’t have to use it.”

They all agreed that this was a little too much to absorb and maybe they should call it a day and go home and sleep on things.  Jago and Mona began cleaning their patio as the couples slowly departed.  Eve stayed behind.  “Mona, I hope all of this didn’t upset you.” Eve said apologetically.

“No”, she replied, “I just wish I could be normal sometimes and have children and have friends outside our group.  I love all of you, but it would be nice to think that I could someday sit on a porch with all the other old ladies and talk about the grandchildren and knit or something.”

Eve smiled. “I feel that way sometimes, too.  I’m stuck with a very old young man that thinks www.ancientscoin.com is the center of the universe at the moment.  I know he’ll grow out of it but the older he gets, the longer he keeps his attention on interests.”

Mona nodded her head. “Well, now what?”

“I think the group really won’t go home.  I think we are all headed to our house for drinks and pizza.”

“Okee-dokee, sounds good!” Jago broke in. “I hope you guys bought some more beer.”

(TO BE CONTINUED . . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment