Pageviews past week

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Billy (Part Three)


I had agreed to the quote that Billy sent and he started work the following week to modify our home network to my specifications.  Billy came into our lives at just the right time to infiltrate our group --- I was very busy with the coins project and Eve was distracted by her garden.  We were too busy to rewire the house ourselves, so we hired out --- right place, right time for Billy.

I hadn’t noticed how much time he was working in my home office because I expected him to be there. After a few days I trusted him to work alone in the house.  He didn’t get flirty with Eve, so I expected that he was thoroughly professional --- even when she walked through the house in her under garments, forgetting that we had a guest --- Billy politely turned his head and walked the opposite way.  These simple actions allowed me to trust him, and because of this trust we gave him the freedom of the house to do his work.

After putting on some clothes, Eve came to me with a question. “Joseph, I was wearing a see through lace bra and panties and he didn’t even do a double take.  Am I losing my appeal?”  She asked in a serious tone.

At first I thought she was joking, but realized no one has ever not looked at her when she entered a room, undressed or otherwise.  “I’m sure he saw you, but politely turned his head because he is working for us.  That’s refreshing in this age --- gallantry may not dead after all.”

Eve gave me a quick kiss to the lips and left to visit Lori and Tommy.  She was invited to over to help decorate their new home and Eve loved to design and decorate.  I could hear Billy alone in the next room, running fiber optic cable between floors (we have a 110 year old, 2 story house with the old rough cut timber boards between floors – that makes it a little difficult to run cable because of the wood’s density).  I went to him and told him I would be going on some errands, so he should feel free to continue his work and grab anything he would like out of our refrigerator for a snack or to quench his thirst.  I waved goodbye and went out the garage door and left Billy to himself.

The young man quickly took advantage of the empty house.  He darted into Joseph’s home office the minute he heard the door slam shut.  Billy opened drawers and looked through as much information as he could --- almost as if he were competing in a game show to win prizes.  He neatly tucked files and objects back in their place and moved to the next area.  He came to a table with a microscope, some complicated looking devices and chemicals.  In the middle of all of this was a pile of about one-hundred ancient roman coins and a notebook with scribbles and annotations going every which way on the pages --- some were in English and other paragraphs were in what looked to be Latin and possibly Greek.  He sat down in the chair, careful not to move it from the position Joseph had last left it.  He found one page that had English paragraphs -- it said something about a meteor crashing to earth many years ago, and  it went on to describe the meteor as being alive.  A few pages later, Joseph wrote that the residue on the ancient coins had a similar “living” molecular structure that when touched could give the holder extraordinary power if they were changed by the first meteor mentioned.  Billy sat up from the book and stared at nothing for a moment, then laughed to himself --- he thought of how weird this all was sounding.  He looked down and took one of the coins from the pile that had a residue of red, green and black coated on its back and front. 

“Is this one of the coins?” he wondered aloud to himself.

He absentmindedly made his way to a window in the next room to hold the coin up to the sunlight to get a better look.  As he relaxed in his thoughts and looked keenly into the coin, a door slammed open and in walked Eve.  Shocked by the unexpected sound, he quietly, but quickly walked through the far door and headed to the kitchen.  Eve was about to walk in when he went to throw the coin into his pocket and immediately realized his pants had no pockets.  One split second before she walked in the room, he threw the coin in his mouth and swallowed.  He didn’t want to get caught this early in the game --- he wanted to find out everything about these people --- so he hid the coin in the best place he could think of at the moment . . . .

“Hi Billy, how is the cable coming?” Eve said with a smile as she looked through today’s mail.

“It’s going really well, Mrs. Ancient.” He said politely. “Should be finished in about ten more days.”

“If you call me Mrs. Ancient again, I’ll kick you.” She said joking with him. “Call me Eve.”

“Okay Eve.” He replied.  “I think I’m going to . . . .”  Just then he noticed his hands begin to shake.  He felt his throat begin to swell with water, like he was taking a drink and had to keep gulping.

Eve looked up and saw what was happening.  She knew what was going on – this is just like the change from Joseph’s potion.  She ran over and caught Billy before he stumbled and fell forward.  She laid him down as he passed out and a film of moisture began to envelop his entire body.  She started ripping off his clothes to allow the process to have room to create the mist just as Joseph walked in.

“What the hell is happening here, Joseph?” Eve asked. “How did Billy get the potion?”

I began to rip at his clothes with Eve and looked at him with astonishment --- I have the potion with me.  I never leave it anywhere but on my person.  “I don’t know how this is happening, but we need to call the others and let them know there may be someone new in the family.”

(To be continued . . . .)

 Visit Joseph Ancient’s real web store at  HTTP://WWW.ANCIENTSCOIN.COM

12 comments:

  1. I can't believe that Billy's body chemistry and genetic makeup at that exact moment were what the meteor residue was looking to adhere to.

    -Tommy-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was strange to walk in on Billy and see this happening. I panicked and then got pissed at Joseph, thinking he did this behind my back. Sorry Joseph!

    -Eve-

    ReplyDelete
  3. So -- have you found him or the coin hoard?

    -Neecie-

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Billy is very evasive and smart. The hoard doesn't have and of the "meteor coins". Joseph did say that he has some great Valentinian's to put up on the website, though. LOL!

    -Eve-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not in the UK --- I found something in the countryside south of Rome.

    -Billy-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info, stupid. Jago and I will be on our way to get you.

    -Tommy-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joseph, you haven't sent another blog to RJ. Can't we take a rest, you can write and I can relax by the pool? Billy can't find any more meteor coins ... can't we all just go home? Please?

    -Eve-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eve is right. We need to take a break from the searching --- the ladies should go home. I love Europe but I want to get back to the way we have gotten accustomed to back in Missouri . . . I can help RJ with HACC http://www.ancientscoin.com and we can get back to normal.

    -Neecie-

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the ladies are welcome to head back to the States. Tommy, Jago, Adam, Chester and I will stay in Europe for a while longer and try to track down the coins before Billy gets them. So on your way back if you find some Valentinian Roman coins with red, black and green on them -- BUY THEM!
    Later......

    -JA-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Giving up so soon? I'll get the coins before you and then I'll be the one on top of it all.

    -Billy-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joseph, will you be sending the next blog soon?

    -RJ-

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're traveling right now....I'll have it soon.

    -Joseph-

    ReplyDelete