Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chester (Conclusion)


We couldn’t stop Chester’s revenge --- it was streaming to the old woman’s house in a wave of red heat.  First, an enraged and newly immortalized (did I mention he was indestructible?) Chester rocketed out of his house with a blade held high in the air.  He was immediately followed by our men, who in turn raised their blades in the gesture soldier’s would use when running forward into battle.  Eve and I followed with apprehension, foreseeing the outcome of Chester’s augmented rage.

“Joseph, “she said as she gulped huge breaths of air from the long run, “we can’t stop him or our men.”

“I know.  We will need to leave this place as quickly as possible once this is finished.”  Eve caught her breath, looked up at me and smiled.  She pulled a blade from beneath her robes that was hidden, strapped to her inner thigh. “I can’t let Chester murder an old woman.”

She ran toward the screams and clanging of metal. “So you’ll do it for him?!” I yelled questioning her with my arms up as she disappeared around a corner.  “I am going to have to have a serious and long talk with her tomorrow,” I said to myself, striding away from the battle shaking my head side to side in futility and disbelief.  I sat myself down under a tree looking down over the valley where the sun was coming up.  The fighting went on for about thirty minutes, and then the silence followed as the men killed the wounded and then set the house on fire to cleanse it.
Eve found me sitting under the tree and took her place next to me.  She was covered in blood, from her chin to her thighs and Chester followed her, smiling and nodding silently, victoriously.

I looked at them both and scolded, “Murder is never the answer!  Revenge cannot fix the past! And you --- Eve!  What kind of teacher are you?!  You have upset me more than you will ever know.”

“Joseph, she deserved . . . .”

I cut Eve off in mid-sentence, “She deserved to be punished, but not to death!”  I walked off into the morning sunlight leaving Chester and my wife to fend for themselves.  Our men ransacked the old women’s house after killing her husband and sons, and then set their slaves free.

I heard Eve calling after me as I continued to make my way to our home.  Upon arriving I changed clothes, packed a sack of my belongings and walked out the front of our house.  I found Eve standing with Chester waiting for me (Eve was afraid to confront me) --- she saw my bag and ran to me.

“What are you doing?” she asked in apprehension. “Where are you going?”

“I have had enough! You are turning into someone that doesn’t care anymore.  We are here to help people, not kill them.  I am going away on my own.  You can take care of Chester; teach him what he needs to know.  I am going to make peace with myself for creating monsters.”

Eve wept, “Joseph, I’m sorry!  Please don’t go.  We’ve been together for so long.  I promise I’ll be good and think before I act!  Please!” She pleaded.  “Please don’t go.  I love --- need you”

Chester put his arm around Eve to comfort her, but she shrugged him off.  I looked back at them and began to walk into the unknown.  Chester will be fine with Eve --- she will be like a mother to him.  It’s what they both needed for now.  As for me, I will spend the next one hundred years learning more about the potion I created.

Visit Joseph Ancient’s real web store at  HTTP://WWW.ANCIENTSCOIN.COM

6 comments:

  1. Joseph, you haven't told the complete story. Chester tried to talk you into staying once he regained his sanity.... and I'm not mom to anyone!

    -Eve-

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....you're mom to all of us.

    -Jago-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jago ... just shut up! No body wants to hear you!

    -Lori-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jago should get a haircut, the wild black hair is cutting off his brain juice .... LOL .... Hahahahaha!


    -Adam-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still so sorry for that time in Rome. I was losing myself and being "Mom" to Chester really did help. I guess that's why he and Dani are always living near us. . . .

    You still didn't tel me what you did that five years you were with the Mongols.

    -Eve-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just one more thing . . . that was the most painful time in my life -- being away from you, not knowing if I would ever see you again... no one to hold me or make love with me. I felt as though I died. But when you searched for us and found us I was so elated after 100 years of heartbreak.
    Joseph, don't ever do that again!!

    -Eve-

    ReplyDelete