Pageviews past week

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Daydream


It’s good to be with friends, but so difficult to remember the friends that are gone.  Where did the time pass that nothing can stand still long enough for me to enjoy and savor the time I have been given with the people I love and the lands that I lived in?
Although buildings crumble and landmarks change along with the population and traditions, the things I have collected stay the same.  The coins and statues are a tribute frozen in time for all to hold and wonder at.
When I pick up a coin from Constantine the First’s Rome, I see the great care and skill it took to strike millions of these into existence.  I dream a waking dream when I rub it between my finger tips and feel its surface – it reminds me of the smell of horses and camp fires during the time of a great peace in Rome.
I have created House of Ancient Coins and Curios at www.ancientscoin.com not only for myself, but for anyone who wants to daydream back in time to a forgotten place, to hold a piece of history in their hand.  Right now I can feel the sun of a forgotten age on my face and the breeze of that world combing through my hair.  I miss it. At least I can go to www.ancientscoin.com and share all of this with you.
Come daydream with me of a wonderful history.  Go to House of Ancient Coins and Curios for a visit.

**Joseph Ancient **

No comments:

Post a Comment