Pageviews past week

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our Vacation (Part Two)


Before I go on with my story, I’d like to say that Jago, Chester and the others have been very argumentative regarding this blog and my website, “House of Ancient Coins & Curios”.  They say that we should not let anyone know about us because they wouldn’t understand and we would be taken to a secret army base and dissected and labeled.
My friends, if you are reading this today, let me tell you shouldn’t worry about these things (Jago!!).   We have been hiding far too long from the world.  Okay, so we have been stoned, burned at the stake, hung by the neck,  beheaded, buried alive and so on.  Sure it hurts and it is inconvenient, but nothing has kept us from living our lives.  My website , www.ancientscoin.com  is not hurting you or me or any of us.  You’ve always trusted me, so trust keep trusting …even now.

Anyway, back to the story --- in the diner, this man was hiding the fact that he was watching us. Eve and I saw through this quickly.  She made a suggestion, “Since we’re finished, let’s pay up and leave to see if he follows us.”

I agreed and we left the diner to walk along the shore.  Our watcher was good because it took a half hour before we saw him again. He stood alone,  appearing to look innocent while paging through a magazine at a nearby stand as he followed us.

I smiled after spotting him and asked Eve, “Shall we head back … but pick up our pace?”  She agreed.  I knew walking faster would catch us up to our spy. “What shall we do when we catch up to him?” she asked.

“Buy him a drink.” I said as my smile widened. 

I did like playing these “games” --- we began to refer to these confrontations as “games” after so many years of trying to hide in the open. There have been many “spies” who thought they have discovered us and they want to tell the world about the wonder they have found, but thanks to the differences the “medicine” has made in us, we have a wonderful defense.

Eve ran ahead to slow down our prey.  She could move quickly in her heels and short skirt … so graceful and sleek … our spy would not be able to resist.  Our new friend was watching me and didn’t see Eve approach from behind.  I stopped to look at the ocean as she pounced, stunning him with her beauty and corning him with personality.

“Hello”, she greeted with a disarming smile, “you’ve been following us”.

The man stammered.  He didn’t expect to see her or speak to her, let alone gaze into such beautiful eyes.  “I … I ummm …. “  He didn’t know what to say.  He was an inch shorter than Eve and somewhere in his late fifties.  He seemed mature enough, but inexperienced at intrigue.  “Look, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.”
He didn’t see me behind him.  He was shaken when I spoke, “You were watching us at the diner and now following us.  How do you know us?”

He pulled something from his pocket.  It was one of my House of Ancient Coins and Curios business cards.  Eve and I laughed as the man looked at us with a concerned frown.

“What is it you want?” I asked.

“My name Raymond Johns and I have been reading your Blog and visiting your website for the past six months.  I just wanted to ask you some questions is all. I am a fan.  I even bought some stuff from your website.”

“Well thank you Raymond”, I said, “but we are on vacation and would like to relax without ‘fans’ interrupting our privacy”.

He squirmed a bit and said, “But I know who you are, and her, and your friends.”

“Oh and who are we?” I challenged.

“You’re not like us, not human.”

I looked at Eve and she scrunched her brow, questioning what I wanted to do next.
I held my hand out to the man - to shake it hello and I said, “Well Mr. Raymond Johns, you must many questions.  How about a drink?”  I asked smiling down at him.

Eve shook her head and rolled her eyes thinking, “Here we go again”.

(TO BE CONTINUED . . .)


No comments:

Post a Comment